Did you know, chewing sugarless gum has many amazing advantages that can help improve your oral health? Yes, it’s true! Chewing sugar-free gum can help protect your teeth from cavities. Yes, you read that right! Gum has many benefits for your oral health, especially sugarless gum.
Our dentist, Dr. Claude N. Tamura, cares about your oral health and is always happy to give you a checkup when you need one. Furthermore, our team at Island Dental Group in Aiea, Hawaii, is glad to talk to you about how chewing gum can help resist cavities.
Here are some fun benefits of chewing sugar-free gum:
– Chewing sugarless gum increases saliva flow, which neutralizes acids produced by bacteria in your mouth naturally and efficiently.
– Sugar-free gum has been proven to prevent cavities and lower your plaque when chewit for at least twenty minutes after a meal.
– Heartburn can also be reduced because it can help fight the acids in your body.
– It is important to remember to avoid sugars in gum because the sugar is damaging to your teeth. That is why these benefits are best when chewing on sugar-free gum.
– Sugarless gum is not a substitute for brushing or flossing your teeth. It is most useful between meals to help keep your bacteria clear from your mouth.
As you can see, there are many benefits to chewing sugarless gum that can fight against cavities and protect your oral health. If you have questions about your cavities, or if you need a dental checkup, please call us today at (808) 484-4470 to set up an appointment. Our friendly dental team welcomes you to give us a call.